Livermore History - Businesses 6
Page 1: The Mill of Mills Square, Diamond Flour Mill
Page 2: Inside The Hub, Furniture, and other stores
Page 3: Creamery, Soda Works
Page 4: Arrow Bakery, Restaurant, Menu, Cheese Factory
Page 5: Drilling rig, Sporting Goods, Telephone office, French Laundry
Page 6: The Valley Garage, Valley Hardware, Machine Shop
Page 7: Butcher Shops & Markets, Carriage Factory, Building Supply
Page 8: Blacksmith, Feed Store
Page 9: Dutcher's Hardware Store
Page 10: California Transfer Company, Service Station
See Also: Downtown - Joesville - Stables - Wineries - Hotels
The Valley Garage, Valley Hardware, Machine Shop
The back of the Valley garage in the 1930s on the north side of east 1st St. "Aylward? & Phillips, Prop."
This building is still there, but is vacant awaiting redevelopment (Update: it was torn down ~Sept 2004). This view can be seen from the temporary ACE parking lot on Railroad (now also gone).
The valley garage building from the back, March 22, 2003.
Valley Garage on E First St (North side). Opposite old city Hall 1924. "West of Ozzie Davis." L-R: Geo Jackson, John Neinburg, Harry "Skinny" Johnson
Wood box on floor: "Sherwin-Williams Paints and Varnishes"
Sign on wall appears to read "No Tools Loaned" (middle of picture between left & center windows, about 1/4 from the top)
Under the car to the far left is a pit. One board, which would be used to cover it flush with the floor when not in use, is in front of it.
Valley Hardware Co. Next to Odd Fellows Hall. 1924-26. Carl Clark, owner. John Jensen, Chas Bankhead, Carl Clarke
McVicar's Machine Shop
contains 128 pages of Livermore Historical photos and commentary.
It is available for 19.99 plus tax at the
Livermore Heritage Guild History Center at the Carnegie Building.
Click here for more information
|About These Photos|