Livermore History - Businesses 2
Page 1: The Mill of Mills Square, Diamond Flour Mill
Page 2: Inside The Hub, Furniture, and other stores
Page 3: Creamery, Soda Works
Page 4: Arrow Bakery, Restaurant, Menu, Cheese Factory
Page 5: Drilling rig, Sporting Goods, Telephone office, French Laundry
Page 6: The Valley Garage, Valley Hardware, Machine Shop
Page 7: Butcher Shops & Markets, Carriage Factory, Building Supply
Page 8: Blacksmith, Feed Store
Page 9: Dutcher's Hardware Store
Page 10: California Transfer Company, Service Station
See Also: Downtown - Joesville - Stables - Wineries - Hotels
Inside The Hub, Furniture, and other stores
Joe Duarte at the Hub, located at the NW corner of First St. and Livermore Ave., where the fountain is now. Probably about 1930.
Glass cases contain mostly cigars.
"San Felice - America's Finest 5 cent Cigar"
"Red Dot", "Cremo"
Theo Gorner Store. Dry Goods & Furniture. Store was located on North side of 1st St. between J & K Streets, in the IOOF building. There is still a plaque in the sidewalk at the entrance of the IOOF building for this store.
Baby carriages are on the left at the top. Lots of chairs are hanging from the ceiling.
A. Bistorious' Furniture & Notion Store in the first floor of the IOOF building. 1896 Herald photo.
More chairs hanging from the ceiling. Just about everything on the tables.
Livermore Commercial, just west of the Hub. L-R: Leo Jacker, Joe Callaghan, ?, Charles Beck. An entrance on First & on Livermore (wrapped around the Hub).
Paper at the left reads: "Grand Military Ball", "Company I, N.G.C.", "Thanksgiving Eve". Date cannot quite be read. This exact sign also appears in Dutcher's Hardware on a photo dated 1914.
Box on top of glass case at left: "Quacker Best Corn Meal"
Cigars are in the glass case at the left.
Packages wrapped with paper and tied with string on the counter.
Sign hanging at top to the left of the light bulb: "Miller's Best Flour"
Sign in back reads "Hardware"
Kerosene lanterns, Pails, & bottles are hanging from the ceiling.
Will Taylor's Store. This photo is probably of the original location, which was used from 1903 to 1915. The store moved to the Anspacher's location in 1915.
Part of sign at top: "Glove Fitting"
Below that (on back wall): "...... Corsets" (2 words prior might be "Glove Fitting")
contains 128 pages of Livermore Historical photos and commentary.
It is available for 19.99 plus tax at the
Livermore Heritage Guild History Center at the Carnegie Building.
Click here for more information
|About These Photos|