Livermore History - Businesses 4
Page 1: The Mill of Mills Square, Diamond Flour Mill
Page 2: Inside The Hub, Furniture, and other stores
Page 3: Creamery, Soda Works
Page 4: Arrow Bakery, Restaurant, Menu, Cheese Factory
Page 5: Drilling rig, Sporting Goods, Telephone office, French Laundry
Page 6: The Valley Garage, Valley Hardware, Machine Shop
Page 7: Butcher Shops & Markets, Carriage Factory, Building Supply
Page 8: Blacksmith, Feed Store
Page 9: Dutcher's Hardware Store
Page 10: California Transfer Company, Service Station
See Also: Downtown - Joesville - Stables - Wineries - Hotels
Arrow Bakery, Restaurant, Menu, Cheese Factory
Old library building, April 6, 2003. Same building as below.
The Arrow Bakery & Ice Cream, in 1913 when it opened. Between L & K, North side of 1st St. Joe Caratti of "Joesville" (see photos) is in the truck. John Caratti is standing. It is not known who the woman is.
Liv Herald 2/1/1913: "G. O. Darrow is preparing to open a bakery and confectionary shop in the old library building"
Sign on overhang: "Darrow's Bakery Ice Cream & Coffee Parlor"
Truck: "The Arrow Ice Cream & Coffee Parlor", "Fine Candies", "Phone 105", "Main St. Livermore"
This building is still standing at 2136 1st St. The left side is a very good Taqueria. The right side is now a gift shop. The building to the far right is the Livermore Echo office, torn down in 1931.
This building was erected in 1878 as the first
library in Livermore.
Arrow Bakery Interior, 1913. Joe Caratti at right, John Caratti to the left of the right counter at the back.
Located in the building which still exists at 2136 1st St., that was the original library in Livermore, built in 1878.
Sign at left: "Fresh Milk & Cream for sale every day" Below that on the shelf: "CCC Sodas"
The New Popular Restaurant and Oyster Grotto. 1920
Right door reads: "Ladies Entrance"
California Restaurant Menu (2 pictures scanned together)
Probably 1910 to 1920.
A few items:
|Plain Steak.... .25||Paprika Schnitzel.... .35|
|Porterhouse Steak.... .45||Oyster Omelette..... .40|
|Porterhouse Steak Extra Double... 1.25||Rum Omelette.... .25|
|Ham and Eggs... .25||Boston Cream Toast.... .25|
|Hot Cakes.... .10||Russian Caviar.... .25|
|German Pancake.... .25||Crab Salad.... .20|
|Glass of Milk:... .10|
Livermore Cheese Co. at around 1925-1928 on North Livermore Ave, just south of the current railroad tracks. Near where Aamco is now.
Side of truck at left: "Livermore Cheese MFG CO. Livermore CAL Phone 265"
Sign on truck at right: "Livermore Cheese Factory"
contains 128 pages of Livermore Historical photos and commentary.
It is available for 19.99 plus tax at the
Livermore Heritage Guild History Center at the Carnegie Building.
Click here for more information
|About These Photos|