Livermore History - Businesses 5
Page 1: The Mill of Mills Square, Diamond Flour Mill
Page 2: Inside The Hub, Furniture, and other stores
Page 3: Creamery, Soda Works
Page 4: Arrow Bakery, Restaurant, Menu, Cheese Factory
Page 5: Drilling rig, Sporting Goods, Telephone office, French Laundry
Page 6: The Valley Garage, Valley Hardware, Machine Shop
Page 7: Butcher Shops & Markets, Carriage Factory, Building Supply
Page 8: Blacksmith, Feed Store
Page 9: Dutcher's Hardware Store
Page 10: California Transfer Company, Service Station
See Also: Downtown - Joesville - Stables - Wineries - Hotels
Drilling rig, Sporting Goods, Telephone office, French Laundry.
Fred Brenzel's Rig, drilling a well. Probably about 1900.
HJ Rees' Sporting Goods in 1935. Located in the building directly to the east of the Bank of Italy building (The Independent Newspaper). Part of Livermore Cyclery is now in that location. This building is the only portion of the McLeod building (see photos) which remains.
Brand names in the window include: The Post Enquirer, Electra pipes, Hi Plane tobacco, McCalls, Remington Shotguns "Kleanbore Shor Shot", and Eveready.
Sunset Telephone Office. Between 1st & 2nd on South Livermore Ave., Livermore, about 1896
Livermore French Steam Laundry owned by Frank Begbedier. Located on the south side of 2nd St, east of J, beside the McVicar building (which can be seen on the right edge of the picture). Both buildings burned down August 24, 1919.
Livermore French Laundry. L St. between First and 2nd, where the Frazee Paint building is now. Rheimers to the "left" of Laundry. Mr. & Mrs LaFon in front of Laundry. Originally was Leon Bonne's Laundry, built in 1930 and later sold it to the LaFons.
Peter Boragni Real Estate and Insurance on the right.
contains 128 pages of Livermore Historical photos and commentary.
It is available for 19.99 plus tax at the
Livermore Heritage Guild History Center at the Carnegie Building.
Click here for more information
|About These Photos|