Livermore History - Aerial Photos 1
|Previous Page||Page 1: ~1960 photo with labeled buildings
Page 2: ~1955 photo with labeled buildings and streets
Page 3: Drawing from 1889.
Page 4: 1993 USGS Aerial Photo with labels
Page 5: Junction Ave School ~ late 1970s, East 1st ~1976
Page 6: East Ave, 1963; Downtown ~1928
Page 7: Junction Ave & downtown; downtown about 1930
Page 8: 1936 Photo, 1963 photo of the Labs.
Page 9: The Airport prior to 1969
Page 10: Veterans Hospital.
~1960 Aerial Photo with Labels
The photo on this page is shown twice. The first one is a faded copy with labels, followed by the regular photo. Use the faded copy to locate places of interest on the regular photo.
||1||Future Site of Granada High.
Arroyo Mocho just to the east
|3||Future Site of Valley Memorial Hospital|
|4||Former site of the Livermore Firebrick Company
Future home of the Brickyard Shopping Center
|5||Future site of Orchard Supply Hardware, Safeway, etc.|
|7||Pioneer Winery Building (see
Later the Livermore Barrel Factory used the same building.
Future site of Bank of America
|8||Former site of the railroad turntable
Future site of townhouses
|10||Farmers Exchange Hotel (Greyhound bus station at this time) (see
Future site of KFC
|11||SP Railroad Depot. Still exists, but the freight portion on east end
is no longer there. (see photos)
To the right, across the tracks is the Livermore Builders' Supply Co. (see photo)
|12||Carnegie Building. Public Library from 1911 to 1966, now the History Center. (see photos)|
|13||Forrester's Hall. Built 1914 (see photo)|
|14||Schenone Building. Built 1914 (see photos)|
|15||Masonic Building. Built 1909 (see photos)|
|16||Flagpole (see photos). Installed in 1905, moved to this location in 1959.|
|17||The Hub (see photos). Future site of the fountain|
|18||Bank of Italy Building. Now the home of The Independent newspaper.|
|19||Future site of Albertsons shopping center (Albertsons no longer there)|
|20||Tubbsville. Now an empty field scheduled for redevelopment.|
Aerial Photograph of Livermore, about 1960 or 1961, looking
west. The flagpole is at its current location (moved 3/31/1959).
The intersection of First and Livermore Ave. is very clearly seen at the bottom of the photo a little right of center.
L Street goes left to right, crossing the railroad tracks. The SP depot is at the lower left intersection of L St. and the left set of tracks. It is still there, but the tracks were moved in 1976 to the area of the WP tracks.
Railroad Ave is between the two sets of tracks. It curves across the SP (left) tracks at about P Street.
Near the top, below where the two sets of tracks separate is where the Livermore Firebrick factory used to be, and the Brickyard shopping center is now.
Tubbsville is between Railroad Ave and the WP tracks between M and N. Across N street to the west is the Pioneer Winery building (where B of A is now) with Granada Bowl west of that.
Murrieta Blvd did not exist at all at this time. It will eventually run just east of the Arroyo Mocho.
Olivina Ave. runs vertically near the right side about 1/3 of the way from the top. It curves into Chestnut, but continues eastward on this photo to the WP tracks (that section is not there today).
Granada High School and Valley Memorial Hospital have not yet been built.
The building on the far bottom left is the old Asbury Methodist Church. It was sold as the church moved to East Ave in June 1961. The building was torn down and the site became the home of the Herald News.
contains 128 pages of Livermore Historical photos and commentary.
It is available for 19.99 plus tax at the
Livermore Heritage Guild History Center at the Carnegie Building
Click here for more information
|About These Photos|